Travel Tips and Safety
Your safety is our concern but it is your responsibility. For a safe and enjoyable trip please consider the following travel tips and information.
NEW! 24 Hour Kulin Fuel Facility - Take advantage of this extremely competitively priced fuel. The self-service facility provides both unleaded petrol and diesel which is purchased using an EFTPOS system which accepts most credit and debit cards. Click here for current prices and to find out more...
Mobile Phone Reception
Mobile phone coverage in some parts of the Kulin Shire maybe limited. Telstra Next G is the main service provider. Other providers have almost no coverage. Please note that individual handset brands will provide different coverage. Contact Telstra for more information.
- In an Emergency - Call 000
- Kulin Doctor Surgery – PH: (08) 9880 1315. The GP visits Kulin on Tuesdays and Fridays. Please phone for appointments.
- Kulin Medical Centre - (Outpatient Clinic with Health Nurses) PH: 08 9880 1056. Monday to Thursday: 9am - 11am and Friday: By appointment only.
- Kondinin Hospital - PH: (08) 9894 1222 (Located 24 km from Kulin townsite)
- Narrogin Region Hospital – PH: (08) 9881 0333 (Located 100 km from Kulin townsite)
- Beware of trucks, tractors and other farming machinery on the roads.
- Check road conditions before departure. Rain can make some tracks and roads impassable.
- Carry extra food, water, fuel and vehicle spares if you are travelling on remote tracks.
- In event of a breakdown in a remote location, remain with your vehicle.
- Carry plenty of drinking water. Granite outcrops and lakes do not guarantee water and if there, the quality of the water cannot be assured.
- Always carry a well stocked first aid kit.
- Take care at all railway crossings. Not all crossings have flashing lights.
- Beware of wandering livestock and wildlife on roads.
- In warmer months watch out and stay clear of snakes.
- Our Visitor Information Point, petrol stations and food outlets are open limited hours. Please ring our Visitor Information Point in advance for further information. Ph: 08 9880 1021.
- Fuel Availability - Fuel is available in the Kulin Region towns of Kulin and Pingaring. Fuel is also available in the neighboring shire towns of Corrigin, Kondinin, Hyden, Wickepin and Lake Grace.
- Burning Periods - Fires are prohibited in summer months. During the other warmer months, make sure you obtain fire danger information and only light fires when permitted and in the designated areas. Advice is available from the Kulin Shire.
- First Aid - Always have a well equipped First Aid Kit nearby in case of emergencies.
- Maps and GPS - Always ensure you have a good road map. A GPS can seem convenient but can often take visitors ‘the long way round’. Most towns and travel routes are well signed in the region.
- When bush walking or visiting Nature Reserves do not disturb wildlife, remove plants, rocks or artefacts.
- Use visitor facilities provided and keep to existing tracks.
- When visiting nature reserves, leave your pets at home.
- Dispose of your rubbish properly.
- Roads and tracks on private property should not be used without the landholder’s permission.
Freebairn Recreation Centre Employment Opportunity
The Freebairn Recreation Centre is seeking capable and enthusiastic staff to undertake the following positions associated with running the bar and function components of the FRC. These include:
- Permanent Part-time Bar Attendant
- Casual Bar Staff
- Part-time Facility Cleaner
Primary duties include hospitality responsibilities, bar service, as well as cleaning and maintenance of the bar facilities in the centre’s function areas. Hours for each position are negotiable with an ongoing requirement for at least 30 hours per week across an individual role with another 30-50 hours across casual roles dependent upon facility bookings.
Applicants must possess RSA certification and ideally have experience within the hospitality industry. On the job training will be provided.
This is a multi-faceted role and we are seeking applicants who have the desire to become involved and be a key-player in the operations of the FRC. Weekend work will form a significant component of the role.
- Employed under Local Government Industry Award 2020 (salary negotiable dependent upon final role and responsibilities)
- Must be adaptable, possess great time management skills and exhibit initiative.
- RSA certification is required.
- Uniform provided.
- A vehicle would be advantageous but not essential.
- Accommodation potentially available via negotiation dependent upon final role.
The position is available on an ongoing basis with a starting date to be negotiated.
For further information and to apply, please email: email@example.com
In order to apply for this role please forward a covering letter outlining experiences and motivation for your application as well as a copy of your current Resume to:
Freebairn Recreation Centre Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 125
Kulin WA 6365
Applications close Wednesday April 7, 2021.
* Please note, there are other opportunities for cleaning and maintenance of the wider FRC amenities. Please contact the Centre Manager via email to discuss if you are available for casual hours.