Travel Tips and Safety
Your safety is our concern but it is your responsibility. For a safe and enjoyable trip please consider the following travel tips and information.
NEW! 24 Hour Kulin Fuel Facility - Take advantage of this extremely competitively priced fuel. The self-service facility provides both unleaded petrol and diesel which is purchased using an EFTPOS system which accepts most credit and debit cards. Click here for current prices and to find out more
Mobile Phone Reception
Mobile phone coverage in some parts of the Kulin Shire maybe limited. Telstra Next G is the main service provider. Other providers have almost no coverage. Please note that individual handset brands will provide different coverage. Contact Telstra for more information.
- In an Emergency - Call 000
- Kulin Doctor Surgery – Ph: (08) 9880 1315. The GP visits Kulin on Mondays and Wednesdays. Please phone for appointments.
- Kulin Medical Centre - (Outpatient Clinic with Health Nurses) Ph: 08 9880 1056. Monday to Thursday: 9am - 11am and Friday: By appointment only.
- Kondinin Hospital - Ph: (08) 9894 1222 (Located 24 km from Kulin townsite)
- Narrogin Region Hospital – (08) 9881 0333 (Located 100 km from Kulin townsite)
- Beware of trucks, tractors and other farming machinery on the roads.
- Check road conditions before departure. Rain can make some tracks and roads impassable.
- Carry extra food, water, fuel and vehicle spares if you are travelling on remote tracks.
- In event of a breakdown in a remote location, remain with your vehicle.
- Carry plenty of drinking water. Granite outcrops and lakes do not guarantee water and if there, the quality of the water cannot be assured.
- Always carry a well stocked first aid kit.
- Take care at all railway crossings. Not all crossings have flashing lights.
- Beware of wandering livestock and wildlife on roads.
- In warmer months watch out and stay clear of snakes.
- Our Visitor Information Point, petrol stations and food outlets are open limited hours. Please ring our Visitor Information Point in advance for further information. Ph: 08 9880 1021.
- Fuel Availability - Fuel is available in the Kulin Region towns of Kulin and Pingaring. Fuel is also available in the neighboring shire towns of Corrigin, Kondinin, Hyden, Wickepin and Lake Grace.
- Burning Periods - Fires are prohibited in summer months. During the other warmer months, make sure you obtain fire danger information and only light fires when permitted and in the designated areas. Advice is available from the Kulin Shire.
- First Aid - Always have a well equipped First Aid Kit nearby in case of emergencies.
- Maps and GPS - Always ensure you have a good road map. A GPS can seem convenient but can often take visitors ‘the long way round’. Most towns and travel routes are well signed in the region.
- When bush walking or visiting Nature Reserves do not disturb wildlife, remove plants, rocks or artefacts.
- Use visitor facilities provided and keep to existing tracks.
- When visiting nature reserves, leave your pets at home.
- Dispose of your rubbish properly.
- Roads and tracks on private property should not be used without the landholder’s permission.